Why Freelancers Need a LinkedIn Profile
LinkedIn's mission statement is “to connect the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful“.
Freelancers who are new to LinkedIn don’t get that at first.
Most people start a LinkedIn profile after spending time on other social networks such as Facebook or Twitter, where the main goal is social interactions such as sharing family photos, kitten videos, events, and so on.
But unlike other networks where the focus is purely entertainment, the focus of LinkedIn is solely work related.
And according to recent stats, LinkedIn has more than 433 million members in 200 countries and territories around the world.
If you're new to LinkedIn, you can think of a LinkedIn as your online business card or your up-to-date resume.
But it's actually much more than that.
5 Reasons why Freelancers need to be on LinkedIn:
- Building a strong network of work-related connections is essential for your business growth.
- The relationships you build on LinkedIn have the potential to open up new work opportunities.
- Recruiters and hiring managers constantly search for new talent on LinkedIn, so if you're not there – you're losing out.
- Having an established LinkedIn presence builds trust & credibility to your freelance brand.
- A LinkedIn profile is part of your brand's total marketing efforts (and might be the first thing people see when they Google your name).
[clickToTweet tweet=”5 Reasons why #Freelancers need to be on #LinkedIn” quote=”5 Reasons why Freelancers need to be on LinkedIn” theme=”style3″]
If you’re a freelancer, and don’t yet have a LinkedIn profile, now is the time to create one.
If you do have a profile – that's great.
Head over to The Ultimate Guide To Creating a LinkedIn Profile right now.
LinkedIn is the only social media network created solely for the purpose of connecting the world's professionals to make them more productive and successful.
Remember the days when it was weird not to have a Facebook profile? It’s the same concept here, but only now we’re talking about the business world.
To win business on LinkedIn, you need people to notice your profile. If you follow the extensive LinkedIn guide packed full of actionable tactics, you will put yourself in a position to get more attention and win more business.
[clickToTweet tweet=”#LinkedIn for #Freelancers: Ultimate Guide for a Profile That Wins #Business” quote=”LinkedIn for Freelancers: Ultimate Guide for a Profile That Wins Business” theme=”style3″]